Thursday, September 4, 2008

Alaska 2008






Well time certainly has been flying by! I can't believe that it is September already! We had a great August, getting to spend the first half of the month in Alaska fishing and relaxing before Todd had to start back to school. We had such a great time up there that it got really hard to leave. We put out the skate a few times and ended up bringing up more Halibut (even a 90 pounder) than last year, and although the silver salmon weren't quite in, it didn't discourage us from going out and fishing to our hearts content! We even got to experience something new by learning how to catch shrimp. They were ugly little buggers but they were so delicious, as much as I thought I loved shrimp before I can't even tell you how much I love it now. Unfortunately I know I will not be able to have it that good for at least another year! We also got to put out crab pots, and it was truly a miniature version of Deadliest Catch. I even decided to be brave enough to pick one up, it didn't last long so it was a good thing we all had our cameras handy. We didn't see as many bears this year but plenty of eagles, and there were so many whales it was amazing. Todd and I had quite a close encounter with a hump back whale that jumped all the way out of the water, head to tail, not too far away from the 12 foot aluminum boat we were trolling in! It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my entire life. As always the sunset was amazing every night and one night the fog came in and only made it all the more beautiful. We had such a wonderful time and are so grateful to have the opportunities we have had this past year to create such great memories with each other and are excited for many more! You can click here to check out ALL of our pictures.

7 comments:

May Family said...

Hey Guys! Wow! Those pictures you have of Alaska are awesome. It looks like it is absolutely beautiful there. That looks like a lot of fun too.

Kyle and Ashlie said...

I am so jealous! It looks so nice there, you are so lucky! Todd is quite the bear

Huntsmans said...

That would be so fun to spend time in Alaska! You guys look good, and I am glad you are blogging now.

*The Ranagan's* said...

WOW it is gorgeous there! I mean I have heard how amazing it is...but wow I'm super jealous lol..I love the crab picture haha I can totally imagine you freaking out! Its so great to see all of the fun you've been having I love it!

Skye said...

What a cool trip! Cody is so jealous he wants to fish ther so bad! I bet it was so fun to get away before school!

Alecia and Sam said...

Hey you... It is Alecia from Sizzler. How are ya? I found your blog through Jade's. You and your hubby are so cute! I don't know how long you have been married but congratulations whenever it was :) How is Jessica? Anyway, I am going to add you as a link on my page so I can stay updated on your lives. Hope all is well!!

Unknown said...

It was fun seeing you today, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Alaska!
Check us out,
www.olafssons.blogspot.com