Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008


Just a little update on what we have been up to the last couple of weeks: In June we went to the Strawberry Days parade and Todd threw me such a wonderful birthday party barbecue which was followed by the rodeo, how could we resist the strawberries and cream?
Then in July we had a great Fourth with a parade, a barbecue and the PG fireworks that we got to watch from Todd's parents backyard since the city moved where they launched them from the high school to the junior high. We also got to watch Todd, Cody and Ryan light a bunch in the street. Gus did so good watching the big ones in the sky and really was quite amused, but when it came to the ones that were close up and screeching he wasn't exactly brave and had to go inside.
The next day we went to the Bees game and got to watch the fireworks from the outfield and it was so great! It was crazy being so close to them that by the end we were all covered in small pieces of burned fireworks that fell from the sky. My other favorite part was the outfield grass...it was like soft carpet and was so neat, one day I wish my grass could be like it.
Other than that things are going the same as usual, but I did want to add a small note about our funny little dog. Since it is summer and I feel that he gets too hot in his kennel (which he does like to be in) I decided to get him a new bed that would let him be more comfortable. He seems to like it a lot, well...as long as it can sit on the end of our bed that is! Also he really really loves to hang his head out the window and lean into the wind. It's funny cause it makes his face look super skinny and he usually ends up sneezing a few times. He thinks he is pretty brave because I am usually holding onto him, so I guess we will have to show him that if he leans to far he might fall!
Oh and I decided that it just wasn't fair of me to hog all of the blogging, so I am going to let my dear husband add a few of his own thoughts:

hmm hog all the blogging huh, all two of them so far. haha anyways fourth of July was great we have had a fun summer so far and we are getting excited to go to Alaska. I love it up there. It is nice to be away from everything and just go fishing. I am also excited about the hunts this year. I am hunting archery elk and muzzle loader deer. My Grandpa Whatcott drew out for a moose tag also so we are scouting for that. Rose talked a lot about Gus, I never thought I would have an inside dog. I always thought that was dumb of those people who took their dogs everywhere and treat them like they are a kid or something. But I kinda like him. He acts tough but he is a wuss. My favorite is when he gets wet he goes crazy and runs around and jumps and barks and spins around trying to play with me. Its pretty funny.

2 comments:

malleygirl said...

looks like you guys have had a fun summer!! I can't belive it's already been a year! Wow!

Skye said...

Hello Hello i found you on ashlies blog and could help but see what you guys were up to! sounds like you guys are staying busy and have a ton of fun! married life has treated you guys all to well!